So, I had my really, really bad day.
Next day... sun comes up, I go outside, the weather is nice, I do yardwork most of the day. I’m still feeling the crappy effects of the really bad day before - it’s hard to shake.
Sun is shining, there’s a nice breeze...
Someone calls out of the blue (always nice to hear Tanya’s voice). I call a couple of friends to commiserate. Brutal thing to discuss the previous day’s events but, fortunately I have people in my life who’ll listen.
The day goes by and the evening is better than the day before.
Today, I pop into the city and make the rounds - lunch, coffee, a drop in and more coffee. I distribute some of the hidden treasures uncovered during the “big dig.” And again, the weather is beautiful. The city has a wonderful vibe and you can see people are enjoying the day after all the rainy weather over the last few months.
I look back on the last few days and size up how I acted under the stress and I come away feeling good about things. During the day I find myself laughing a bit and later as I walk up to Grand Central along Park Avenue there’s just that nice feeling you can get on a good day in the early evening in Manhattan when the weather is just right and all the lights are on and everything looks like some movie from the 50’s.
So, even on one of those really bad days, you can come back and if you hold out.
No comments:
Post a Comment